This week’s Wolf of the Week is sophomore Eric Coston, a phenomenal student athlete, ranked as one of the state’s top runners in cross country and indoor and outdoor track. His first St.Paul’s school year as a freshman was a success, winning the personal state championship in cross country, a considerable feat at such a young age. Eric loves to be a St.Paul’s Wolf and represents the school very well, both in his sport and academically. Eric is very fun to talk to when sports is a topic. He is also a member of the school’s Student Hosts service organization during his off-time from training and competing. He does all these things while maintaining a 3.7 GPA average.
Here are some fun facts about this week’s Wolf of the Week:
- 15 years old
- Stands at 5’9” 135 Lbs
- He is a good leader.
- His favorite movie is “Fast and Furious 6”.
- He plans on defending his state title.
- He’s interested in the possibility of becoming an Olympic athlete, noting, “The thought of the Olympics would be really cool, and everyone else wants me to go there.”
- When he goes to college, he would like to run for either Oregon, Oklahoma State, or Stanford.
- During his off-time he likes to hang out with friends and go to the movies.
- His favorite NBA team is the Portland Trails Blazers, and his favorite NFL team is the New Orleans Saints.
- His hardest race to run was the regional 800 hundred from track last year.
- He likes to run in downtown Covington north of the lakefront.
- For Eric a day of practice is two hours, and if they don’t have practice they do a ten mile run either Saturday or Sunday.
- He was the Amateur Athlete of the Month for the Allstate Sugar Bowl
- The people that help Eric out the most are his mom and his dad.