Saint Paul’s Football is here! The Wolves’ regular season will kick off against West Jefferson on September 2nd, in Hunter Stadium, at 7 p.m.
This year’s Football Wolves have many good things to look forward to. However, there is a lot of pressure on the Wolves to do well this year, especially considering that last year was a record-breaking season in which the Wolves made their first semi-final appearance in school history. Moreover, several quality players graduated from Saint Paul’s such as First Team All-State linebacker Danny Sears and Second Team All-State cornerback Daniel “Tricky” Dufour.
On the other hand, the Wolves did return safety Jacob Johnson and running back Jacob Davies, who hope to play a significant role in this title-contending season.
One of the most enormous challenges for the Wolves will be facing Brother Martin, a team that Max Preps ranks 3rd in the state, as well as 5th-ranked Ponchatoula.
Sophomore defensive end Alex Mott has high hopes for the season. “I think we will go 9-1. We should have a shot to win the district this year.” This statement from Mott shows that players are excited about this team just as much as fans are.
Offensive Coordinator Kenny Sears also said two important things about this year’s team.
First, he said, “I’m excited about the young skill players we have in the mix this year, which should help us in the passing game. Overall, I expect us to be a much-improved offense from the last season.”
Second, he described the team’s projected strengths. “I think the strengths of our team are upfront on the [offensive line] for offense and the defensive backs on defense. Both position groups have a plethora of experience returning, and we’ll undoubtedly lean on those guys heavily.”
Coaches and players are very enthusiastic and hopeful about this season. “Hopefully, with a strict schedule, we’ll get better one week at a time,” Sears said.
The 2022-23 Saint Paul’s Wolves Football Schedule:
- Saint Paul’s vs. West Jefferson (Friday, September 2nd, 7:00 p.m.)
- Saint Paul’s @ Brother Martin (Friday, September 9th, 7:00 p.m.)
- Saint Paul’s @ De La Salle (Friday, September 16th, 7:00 p.m.)
- Saint Paul’s @ Slidell (Friday, September 23rd, 7:00 p.m.)
- Saint Paul’s vs. Hammond (Friday, September 30th, 7:00 p.m.)
- Saint Paul’s @ Covington (Friday, October 7th, 7:00 p.m.)
- Saint Paul’s vs. Northshore (Friday, October 14th, 7:00 p.m.)
- Saint Paul’s @ Mandeville (Friday, October 21st, 7:00 p.m.)
- Saint Paul’s vs. Ponchatoula (Friday, October 28th, 7:00 p.m.)
- Saint Paul’s vs. Fontainebleau (Friday, November 4th, 7:00 p.m.)
*Home games are listed in bold print.