The SPS Sports Program ended their year with the Sports Awards Ceremony on May 14. The Sports Program achieved much success in the state rankings this year, with half of the sports teams placing among the top five in the state, three teams (Cross Country, Soccer, and Gymnastics) obtaining state titles, and five teams finishing as state runner-up (Lacrosse, Indoor Track, Powerlifting, Golf, and Ultimate Frisbee).
” I was very proud with all of our sports teams, especially all of our district and state championship teams,” said St. Paul’s Athletic Director Craig Ketelsen. ” I want to thank the class of 2014 for a very successful time and journey at St. Paul’s,” said Ketelsen at the 2014 Sports Awards Ceremony.
Below is an overall recap of the 2013-2014 Sports Program. For more on each team, click the name.
- Football: District Champions
- Cross Country: District, Northshore Metro, and State Champions
- Swimming: 4th Metro, 4th Northlake Regional, 4th State
- Soccer: District and State Champions
- Wrestling: District and Parish Champions, 6th in State
- Basketball:State Playoffs
- Lacrosse: District Champions, State Runners-Up
- Baseball: Playoffs
- Indoor Track: State Runners-Up
- Outdoor Track: District and Parish Champions, 4th in State
- Powerlifting: Regional Runners-Up and State Runners-Up
- Golf: District Champions, 3rd in Regionals, State Runners-Up
- Tennis: District Runners-Up, Regionals Runners-Up
- Ultimate Frisbee: State Runners-Up
- Gymnastics: State Champions
To view a PowerPoint recap of the entire 2013-2014 sports program, click this link:
To see how this year’s program compared to the 2012-2013 season, click here.