(COVINGTON, La.) — The St. Paul’s band hall has been destroyed, and construction on a new one is underway.
In 1966, the first band hall was constructed at a $15 thousand cost. It started as a student recreation center equipped with ping pong and pool tables, a TV, and a snack bar. At that time, the band hall was on the third floor of Benilde Hall. In 1955, the band hall was moved to outside of La Salle Hall, where it has been for over 60 years.
Now, in October 2020, construction of the new band room will cost up to $2.3 million. The facility will include expanded space, new restrooms, acoustics, and ascetics to our music program. It will remain where the old band hall was.